• Founding member of Electro Magnetic USA Inc. Magnetic Magazine & The Magnetic Agency Group. Currently serving as President and CEO. (2011 - Present)
• Marketing, Creative and Business Development Consultant. Clients include: Beatgasm (2015 - present), Milan Records (2015), Cosmic World (2013 - 2014), LegitMix.com (2013), Native Instruments (2013), Live Nation (2012 - 2013), SOL REPUBLIC (2011 - 2012), Street King Energy Shots (2011), L'Oreal Paris (2011 - 2012)
• VP of Business Development at Wantickets/Wantmedia (2014)
• Marketing Consultant for Live Nation's new Electronic Music division reporting to James Barton, President of Electronic Music (2012 - 2013)
• Joined Diesel USA as the VP of Marketing achieving strong results in digital strategy, budget management and savings, diversified media plan (Print/Digital/OOH), PR impressions and Team Structure/Organization refinement. Re-launched Diesel USAʼs brand messaging with ʻBe Stupidʼ campaign. (2009)
• Lead Overamerica Media Group [OMG] to consecutive annual gains in revenue and positive growth. (2000 - 2009)
• Helped develop the online division of OMG, HypeCircle Ad Network and HypeCircle PR. (2005)
• Created and ran Infiltrate, the marketing division at OMG and acquired major clients such as Adidas, Nike, New Balance, HBO, Rockstar Energy Drink, Diesel/55DSL, Original Penguin, Krew & Supra, etc.
• Helped develop the long-term growth strategy at Overamerica Media Group and initiated the acquisition of Vapors Magazine. (2004)
• Founded BPM Publishing in December '95 and joined djmixed.com LLC in July of 2000 as a founding partner. (1995 - 2000)
Wheelhouse: Extensive marketing and media expertise, sales and business development, experiential, strategic marketing and planning, brand building, retail and wholesale marketing, public relations, social media, youth culture/subculture and 360 marketing strategy.
The Magnetic Agency Group
Welcome To Our World...
The Magnetic Agency Group is headquartered in Denver with offices in Los Angeles, Toronto, and Madrid. We specialize in electronic music, hip hop, cannabis, art, street fashion and all the subcultures in between. If you are looking to reach the influential millennials in a meaningful way through lifestyle marketing programs, content or experiential activations you've come to the right place!
Magnetic Magazine & The Magnetic Agency Group
2011 – Present
Founder and acting CEO of Electro Magnetic USA Inc. & The Magnetic Agency Group
VP of Business Development
Worked with the Wantickets executive team to create new revenue channels, business initiatives and marketing strategies across the organization. Helped to develop the new Wantmedia division comprised of owned and operated sites, content studio / event space, social media channels, etc.
Marketing Consultant, Live Nation / Electronic Nation
2012 – 2013
Worked on the Electronic Nation brand development and US Marketing efforts for the new electronic music division of Live Nation (brand identity, website build, social media and overall brand strategy). Reported to President of Electronic Nation, James Barton.
2011 – 2012
Responsible for building the Keystone Marketing Program (Saviors of Sound), Digital Marketing and Business Development.
• Reported to CMO and CEO
• Developed strategy and built the foundation of the Saviors of Sound program (Digital Marketing, PR, Social Media, Experiential)
• Worked with executive team on brand development, business development and strategic partnerships.
VP of Marketing
2009 – 2011
VP of Marketing at Diesel USA reporting directly to the US CEO and Global CMO at Diesel SPA in Italy. The VP of Marketing role is responsible for managing all marketing teams including: Media Planning, Public Relations, Celebrity Placement, Consumer Marketing (Retail & Wholesale), Presence Marketing, Creative Services and Trade Marketing in the US subsidiary. Responsible for conceptualizing and coordinating Diesel USAʼs marketing strategy across all business units (5 Pocket, Male Apparel, Female Apparel, Footwear, Bags, Intimates, 55DSL, Diesel Black Gold, Kids and Licensees). Work directly with US executive team including COO, CFO, SVP of Retail/Wholesale and VP of HR in managing company-wide operations from sales to corporate matters.
• Managed a team of 24 employees in NYC and West Coast Offices
• Managed a large multi-million dollar marketing / media budget
• Managed three external agencies: Product Placement (Films/Videos/Television), Celebrity PR and Digital PR & Marketing
• Responsible for global celebrity initiatives and product placement
• Responsible for all retail and wholesale promotions and Diesel Planet Store window concepts
• Responsible for creating synergy across all marketing departments / 360 Management Style
CoFounder / A&R
2003 - 2006
Released critically acclaimed Astor Piazzolla Remixed album
Released critically acclaimed album 4Hero's Play With The Changes.
Released 10 Electronic Music Singles on Vinyl / Digitally (House / Downtempo)
Offices in Paris / Los Angeles with worldwide distribution
Overamerica Media Group - BPM, Vapors, Infiltrate Agency Group and HypeCircle Online Ad Network & PR
Cofounder / Executive Vice President
2000 – 2009
Acting publisher for bpm & Vapors Magazines.
Manage all sales aspects including Marketing programs, Print and Online advertising/PR programs for the HypeCircle division of OMG.
Responsible for creative concepts, strategies, and management for custom advertising and marketing programs.
Understand the culture you are marketing to before you market anything to it.
Diesel’s "Faces of Stupid" Campaign
"The Faces of Stupid campaign is a contest in which people can come into a Diesel store and get stickers that read “BE STUPID.” The contestants then put the stickers anywhere on themselves, take a picture, and send it to the Faces of Stupid website, along with their “stupid stories.” Contestants are then entered to win exotic prizes, like swimming with sharks off South Africa or cutting a record in Jamaica.
"This contest is a way for us to communicate the global campaign in a very viral and fun way, as obviously a huge portion of our audience are avid web surfers," says Diesel's Vice President of Marketing David Ireland. "Faces of Stupid is a great way to utilize the web for everyone to share their own 'STUPID' experience and give away a ridiculously awesome prize to the winner."
DJ / Music Production
Publishing, Business Development, and Sales
Overamerica Sizzle Reel
The OMG presentation reel that was shown to clients to show a 100,000 ft look at what we were all about. Prior to that we created the BPM Magazine Sizzle Reel - link below.
Global CCO at Saatch & Saatchi Wellness
David is a true creative 360 marketing professional with a strong and unique understanding of music, fashion and youth culture. David always comes to the table with an inventive solution to a creative problem, a fresh approach on how to execute and an arsenal of connections and tools to bring his ideas to life. David is also an extraordinarily nice and fun person to be around. The real deal. I very much look forward to working with him again.
Global CMO at Diesel (Italy)
Solid professional, innovator and gamechanger. He was instrumental in helping Diesel moving forward in its digital strategy and in building the right digital marketing know how in the company.
Branding and Business Consultant
David was a fantastic asset to the (SK Energy Shots) team. He brought seasoned experience and know-how, crucial to the strategy build for launch. A natural problem solver with a can do attitude, his prowess in social media, web development, media, etc. was invaluable. Flexibility, calm in the face of challenges and cross-discipline experience were essential to the entrepreneurial environment.
Global Director of Marketing: All Star at Converse
Dave's insight and expertise are huge assets in the music and fashion industries. He is a true pioneer and played a key role in how the Converse brand was communicated in Vapors magazine/website during our 100 Year Anniversary campaign in 2007-2008. It is always a pleasure to work with Dave - in my experience he always gave great advice when it came to creating successful opportunities for his clients.
CEO at Electric
David is a connector of brands to authentic culture and happenings in the tastemaking youth sect. His publishing is only shadowed by his ability to connect people with products and brands with a purpose
Mngr Shepard Fairey/Obey Giant Art, Z-Trip, Founder Art Alliance Chi/
David is a very talented individual. With great vision.
Global PR Director at Razer
A comprehensive accounting of David's positive attributes--personal and professional--would be a many-pages long list of superlatives... He is without question amongst the nation's premier experts on music and youth culture, and I've found his knowledge of both mainstream and underground trends equaled only by his ability to effectively tap into these dynamic areas of business interest with brand-appropriate, authentic and ultimately successful solutions. He is a student of conventional and non-traditional advertising/communications, and has proven himself a great marketing partner and friend over many years and through many campaigns. I had the good fortune of working with David at Op, during my stint at Pac Sun, and in the video gaming space. I look forward with anticipation at the opportunity to collaborate with him on something wonderful in the future, and I strongly advocate any brand/business taking advantage of his experience and sagacious direction, relentless work ethic and collaborative spirit.
Entertainment Marketing Executive
David has unparalleled relationships within the EDM scene - which makes any activity from festivals and performances to product placement and endorsements within that genre, not only flawless, but effective and productive.
CEO/Pop star/songwriter Carnage Music
David has always been an amazing friend and resource for me and my businesses. He has been an invaluable connection and helped me make my career what it is today; a success. I would help David any way i could! thanks for everything, David.
Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Mini MBA Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing - (Social Media, Online PR, Youtube, Web Analytics, Privacy and Security, Ecommerce, Digital Strategy, etc.)
San Diego State University-California State University
BA Journalism with Emphasis in Advertising
Class of 1995
Activities: Pi Kappa Alpha (Secretary), SDSU Ad Club President, Inter-Fraternity Council
DJ Mix (Deep In NYC)
Mixed for the Magnetic Magazine Podcast